Discovering Your New Product Concept

I find myself thinking all the time what might a new idea or concept be that I could launch & build a business around. I am also asked the same by others ... "How can I identify an idea or concept to build a business around." Many of us are looking for that next opportunity we can launch!

My recommended approach is to consider the target audience you would like to serve. Gather information from those target customers. The information you learn from them will often create the path to identifying a new product or service they may be willing to pay for if you were to create it.

Here are some questions to ask and sentences to finish for use when gathering insights from your target audience. The insights you get from the people you talk with will leave you clues on what kind of products, programs and/or services you might consider creating.

Here goes ....

  1. My target customers feel they are falling short in this area ....
  2. Most of my target customers would pick a fight to protect the belief that ....
  3. Most of my target customers have no idea how to .....
  4. Most of my target customers have the goal to .....
  5. Most of my target customers deeply value ....
  6. Most of my target customers are terrified that ......
  7. Most of my target customers are frustrated with these things .....
  8. Most of my target customers are held back by these things ....
  9. What are your target customers trying to accomplish this year? (learn this ......, master this ....., achieve this ....., have this ...., to be this ....., to feel this ...., to experience this lifestyle ...., avoid this forever ......
  10. What do your target customers need to double the results they are responsible for in their business?
  11. What strategies have your target customers tried to improve their desired outcomes? What has worked? What has not worked?
  12. What do your target customers search (google) for ..... topics and key words?
  13. What do your target customers hate to do?
  14. What do your target customers love to do?
  15. What do your target customers pay good money for?
  16. What are the 10 questions (FAQs) your target customers seem to always have?
  17. What are the 10 questions your target customers should be asking and they are not yet asking?
  18. How can you add more value for your target customers and make their lives more interesting?
After gathering all the above information from your target customers, ask yourself what products, programs or services you could create that would be perceived as high value by your target customers. Would they be willing to pay for them?

Take action now to learn these customer insights and you will be 1 step closer to identifying that new product idea or concept you can get excited about! 

Let me know any comments or questions you have in the comment section below. I will respond just as soon as I can!

View Pat Alacqua's profile on LinkedIn

No comments:

Post a Comment